Learn from the pros
Every spring, Building Advantage hosts a Career Fair at the Waukesha Expo Center for middle and high school students. This is the perfect opportunity to connect with representatives and leaders from our labor unions and union contractors to learn more about a successful career in the union construction industry. You’ll experience a variety of live demonstrations and hands-on activities designed to introduce you to the basic skills and technologies used in today’s workforce.
Plan to spend at least 1.5 hours at the Career Fair to ensure enough time to see the exhibits and ask any questions. One chaperone per 12-15 students is recommended.
other things to note:
- Students need to bring a pen or pencil with them to fill out a construction questionnaire
- No food or drink is allowed at the event
- No electronic devices (computers, iPods, phones, etc.)
- No backpacks, large purses and/or bags (leave these items on the bus)
- Students are not allowed to smoke regardless of being 18
- Chaperones must stay with the students at all times